Thursday, June 09, 2016

Wood for Sims Garden Flowers - Seasonal

In answer to a request, I've converted some of Wood for Sims' garden flowers so they are compatible with the Seasons EP.  The request was for the roses, dahlias and gerberas, so I converted those and, since I like the WFS sunflowers more than the Maxis sunflowers, I added them  to the mash.  All the converted plants are recolorable and the download includes all the recolors for each plant that was part of the original WFS package, a total of 20 recolors.  They all appear in the catalog under Build Mode/Gardening/Flowers.





 All of the plants retain the same GUID's assigned by WFS so they'll replace the originals in the game and anywhere you've used the originals on lots.  The filenames are changed to differentiate between the originals and my seasonal versions.  You cannot use my seasonal versions and WFS's versions together.  You must remove their versions from your game to use mine.

The plants are Seasons compatible and will change with the seasons.  The seasonal changes only work if the Seasons EP is installed. They can also be used without the Seasons EP, but only the summer states will appear. Created using a Template by Raynuss.




The roses, dahlias and gerberas display lush foliage and flower buds for the Spring states and open flowers, buds and dense foliage for the Summer states.  In the Fall, the foliage will become less dense and only a few flowers will be in bloom except for the gerberas which display more lush flowers.  For the winter state, all foliage has died off and only dead bare stems (for the roses) and/or a small pile of dead leaves remains.

There are two versions of the sunflowers with the second version slaved to the first.   For the sunflowers, the Spring state has full foliage, but no flowers.  The Summer state exhibits full flowers and the Fall state has wilted foliage and dried flower heads.  The winter state is simply a small pile of dead plant debris.

Each plant has its own folder in the download with each clearly labeled for easy identification so you can keep or discard as you like.

Original meshes by Wood for Sims.  All additional seasonal meshes and textures by Raynuss. Made Seasons Compatible by Raynuss.

Tested in a vanilla game with all expansions plus M&G.
Files are compressed.

Ray :)




16 comments:

  1. These are lovely! I used to use quite a few of the Wood For Sims plants and flowers, I'm excited that I can have these in my game again now that I have a "seasonal plants only" rule! :-)

    Are khakidoo's shrubs and ground cover plants (from Mod The Sims) on your list to make seasonal? I'd love to have seasonal versions of them in my game, I really miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like them. I also have a "seasonal plants only" rule in my game so I've converted every deco-plant that I use regularly to a seasons compatible version. Khaikodoo's "Birch Shrubbys" and the "Birch Spriggy" are among those I've converted. I'll get them together and upload them here for you. :)

    I haven't done any other of her plants because I didn't use them in my game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome! :-) Those plants of khakidoo's, along with her large ground cover plant, are some of my favourites. I'm looking forward to have the birch ones in my game again! :-)

      I was also wondering if you are planning to make/release any seasonal lavender plants? I love Besen's ones, which can be found on Mod The Sims - both the normal shrubs and the potted version.

      Delete
    2. I've already made Besen's lavender seasonal and will release it soon. I only did the in-the-ground version. I didn't, and probably won't do the potted version.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you did that very fast! Thank you so much Raynus for your talents and skills. I would like even more seasonals if I can get them so I would gladly take those shrubby's as well. Ever since visiting your site, I've been looking for seasonal plants everywhere lol. One question, do you plan to upload the other plants you speak of here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of cheated Deia4568...I already had some of them converted when you requested them. I only had to do 2 of them.

      In answer to your question, I've created somewhere around 80-90 seasonal friendly plants and trees. Some them I created from scratch and some are converted from artists like Macarossi, Kativip, Besen, Bitzybus, Parsimoneous, Phoenix Phaerie, Simaddict99, Buggybooz and several others. Some of them I've already shared here and I plan to eventually share all of the rest. It's just a matter of getting time to compose the uploads in between my other projects. :)

      Delete
    2. You had them converted already? Fantastic, great minds think alike! I look forward to your future objects and thanks as always Raynuss. n_n

      Delete
  4. Do I see spring rosebuds there? Wonderful! I have always loved WfS flowers, but have become less and less inclined to use non-seasonal plants in my game. I'm very happy to get these!

    Thanks, Ray.

    Lisa CH

    ReplyDelete
  5. When do you have time for all this???? Great job, my friend!

    Lisa/Red Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your seasonal trees and flowers. I have enjoyed your creations for years with no compunctions or worries.

    Thanks Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nonni, I appreciate your kindness.

      Delete
  7. Lovely work. I can't wait to move them into the download folder and move out the unseasonal stuff. Thank you for taking the time to make these and share them. Between Pets and Seasons, I do believe it is my favorite part of the game, and you have exponentially increased my fun with these lovely creations. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Pets and Seasons EP's too. Maxis did all right converting their trees to seasonal, but I was disappointed that they sort of missed the boat with the shrubs and flowers though. A lot of them don't really change much with the seasons. I'm trying my best to remedy that. :)

      Delete
  8. How in the world did I miss these?? And here I thought I had all of your seasonal plants, lol. Thanks Ray.

    ReplyDelete