Friday, May 06, 2016

"Wake Up and Smell the Chicory!"






Common chicory, is a somewhat woody, perennial herbaceous plant usually with bright blue flowers.  Various varieties are cultivated for salad leaves, chicons (blanched buds), but, the roots, which are baked, ground, and used as a coffee substitute and additive is the most common usage.  It is also grown as a forage crop for livestock.  It lives as a wild plant on roadsides in its native Europe and in North America and Australia, where it has become naturalized.   Common names for varieties of chicory include endive, radicchio, Belgian endive, French endive, red endive, sugarloaf or witloof.

Faces - 3794
Appears in the catalog under Gardening/Flowers for 5 simoleons
Will not block your Sim's path.
Does not need watering or weeding.  


The seasonal chicory correctly changes with the seasons.  The changing-of-leaves only works if the Seasons EP is installed. It can also be used without Seasons, but only the summer state will appear.




Mesh and textures by me.

My chicory was previously available at Affinity Sims, but it was a non-seasonal version.  This seasonal version has the same GUID so it will replace the non-seasonal version.  However, they cannot co-exist in the game.  You can only have one or the other.  If you decide you want the seasonal version and you've used my non-seasonal version on any lots, they will be replaced on the lot by my seasonal version.

Tested in a vanilla game with all expansions plus M&G.

Ray :) 


10 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ray! Quite nice!

    Actually, I am glad my game is in Autumn now, as I have time to plan new gardens before Spring :-)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your work with seasonal plants is simply amazing, your creations give a level of reality difficult to recreate with the maxis plants and for me now is a joy to build gardens.
    Thank you so much for your hard work Ray Nuss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice comments. So glad you like another of my seasonal "weeds". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh...pretty, pretty. First you were going to quit and now you're stuffing my downloads folder! Thank you! Blessings, Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dude, wake up and smell the Columbian! *chuckling* Really, THANK YOU for staying with the S2 community. My game has too many of your wonderful creations to see you go belly up. THANK YOU! And thank you for the update on this great outdoor object. Your seasonal fixes are fantastic.

    Herr Burgermeister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very purty!! I love the chicory, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ray, thank you for another seasonal plant! My medieval gardens (well, all my landscaping) looks so much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With all the seasonal plants you have been producing, I think my flower CC content has actually reduced! I love the seasonal goodies you are creating, and thank you so much for sharing them with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, chicory! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete