Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Suza's Salsa Outdoor Set Revamped and Expanded


This is something I did for myself a few years ago and I thought maybe others would like it.  The Salsa Outdoor Set was originally created by Suza of the now defunct Simply Styling.  I always thought the set was beautiful (as was most of the objects from that site), but recoloring it was a nightmare since all the pieces of the set were mapped differently.  So in order to recolor the set, there had to be a separate recolor for each piece.  In addition I thought the set needed a lounge chair, a barstool and an end table to make it complete.  So, I set out to remap and slave all the furniture pieces and the umbrella to the dining arm chair in the set.  Then I made a matching lounge chair, bar stool and end table that I also slaved to the dining arm chair.  Now one recolor of the dining arm chair recolors all eight pieces of furniture in the set.  In addition I made eight recolors of the dining arm chair master.  Included in the original set was a potted garden plant that I fixed to make the foliage appear in the game.  The original recolors of the plant will still work with my fix.







Edited, Remapped and Slaved Objects







If you have the original set from Simply Styling and you want to use my revised set, you'll have to remove the original set because it will conflict with my set.  All the pieces retain their original GUID's so they will replace any instances where you may have used them on your lots.  Any recolors you have of the original pieces of furniture will not work with my set since the mapping is completely revised.  Included in the recolors I made for my set are the two textures used by Suza for her original set so they will match her recolors included in the original download.

In the download, I've included two objects from the set that I didn't change...the deco ice cream sundae and the deco drinks with all their original recolors by Suza.

Finally, I've added a collection file with custom icon.

Files are compressed.

Ray :) 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. It involved a lot of work since I had to create a completely new texture for the dining arm chair and then remap everything to that texture so everything could be slaved. The umbrella is completely remeshed and remapped so I could slave it to the chair. A lot of work, but well worth it in the end.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is totally awesome!! Beautiful!! Thank you SO much-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice set - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen this set before, but I already love it! Thanks, Ray, for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work! I had the old set and used it a LOT! The only thing that makes me sad is that none of the really nice recolors I had will work! But now that this set is vastly improved and easier to use, hopefully that will change QUICKLY!! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the process of making more recolors based on some that I had downloaded from various creators. Hope some of them are what you're missing. :)

      Delete
  6. I know this is an older post but I must say I acquired Suza's original chair in a lot I just got at MTS and liked it so much I setout to find re-colors of it today. That led me finally to your site (again) so I want to thank you for all your work revamping this set (and even adding to it!) and simply for continuing to create for the Sims 2... Again many, many thanks, Ray. Greywolf3 at PBK & MTS

    ReplyDelete