Saturday, April 09, 2016

Nengi's Tulips-Seasons Compatible

As requested, I've made Nengi's Tulips Seasons Compatible.






 The word Tulip,first mentioned in western Europe in or around 1554, is thought to be a corruption of the Turkish word 'tulbend', this name being applied because of a perceived resemblance of the shape of a tulip flower to that of a turban.  This may have been due to a translation error in early times, when it was fashionable in the Ottoman Empire to wear tulips on turbans. The Tulip was introduced by a famous Austrian biologist Carolus Clusius. Tulip plants belong to the genus Tulipa, in the lily family, Liliaceae. Tulips bloom on bulbous plants, with large, showy flowers with six petals. There are around 100 species of Tulips, which actually came from Central Asia where they grew wild. Turkish growers first cultivated tulips as early as 1,000 AD.

Facts about Tulips:

  • There are now over 3,000 different registered varieties of cultivated Tulips.
  • Every year billions of Tulips are cultivated, a majority of which are grown and exported from Holland.
  • Historically, Europe considered Tulips as the symbol of the Ottoman Empire.
  • Tulips grow wild over a great territory in Asia Minor through Siberia to China.
  • Tulips were first cultivated and hybridized by the Turks of the Ottoman Empire.
  • Tulips symbolize imagination, dreaminess, perfect lover and a declaration of love.
  • Fresh out of onions? Use your Tulip bulbs instead! Tulip bulbs are a good replacement for onions in cooking.

 Original mesh by Nengi. Mesh edit of the original and additional seasonal meshes and textures by Raynuss.
 

The Tulips are Seasons compatible and will change with the seasons.  The seasonal changes only work if the Seasons EP is installed. It can also be used without Seasons, but only the summer state will appear.




Faces - 240 (Low Poly)
Appear in the Catalog under Gardening/Flowers for 5 Simoleons.
Do not require watering or weeding.
Visible in Lot/Neighborhood views.


The Tulips retain the same GUID assigned by Nengi so they'll replace the originals and anywhere you've used the originals on lots.  The filename has been changed to differentiate between the original and my seasonal versions.  You cannot use my seasonal version and Nengi's version together.  You must remove her version from your game to use mine.

The download includes the mesh (orange) plus 6 flower recolors in pink, purple, red, violet, white and yellow. 

Ray :)


17 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I'm so excited to see some seasonal spring flowers :-) The Download link isn't working for me, though? I keep getting a "Not Found" Error 404?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! But the download link isn't working for me. I get a 404 not found error. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work, Ray! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what was wrong with the download link since some people were able to download and others weren't. I re-enteredd the link and it tests OK so it should work for everyone now. Sorry about it not working...maybe a problem with SFS??

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous! I'd not seen them before! Thanks Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SFS is slow to load but the link works.

    Thanks Ray, as always, you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just great, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was able to download them now, yay! :-) Will you be making more spring flowers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! For ages I've wanted to make a TS2 version of Keukenhof (a spring-only botanical gardens in the Netherlands) but I've never had the right flowers/plants for it - hopefully one day I will have thanks to all of your lovely seasonal plants! :-)

      Delete
    2. Next up...Daffodils. What other spring flowers/plants do you need for your Keukenhof?

      Delete
  9. I'm the one who requested them...Thank you SOOO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh - and my game is is late summer now! Well, my Sims and I have something new to look forward to in springtime!

    I used to live right near a park in Dublin where tulips grew. First sign of spring were the lovely daffodils, then shortly afterward, all the tulips would quickly start to bloom into extravagant color. What a joy it was! Even just looking forward to it was brilliant.

    These are really beautiful, Ray, and they take me back to a special time in my life. Thank you for them.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everybody for the comments. I really appreciate the thoughtfulness. I thank Nengi for the wonderfully low poly mesh that I used to make these seasonal tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These tulips and the WFS Daffodil are the 2 flowers I have in my game. I'm so excited to be able to have a seasonal tulips now. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. More flowers! Yay!!! Blessings, Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much. I've been looking for something like this for a long time. It reminds me of Sims 1 tulips :)

    ReplyDelete