Thursday, May 07, 2015

Medieval Peasant Curtains

Just a small set here.  My Medieval Peasant Sims needed some coverings for their hovel windows so I made an appropriately drab, simple curtain for them.  Cloned from Inge's (Simlogical) Auto Drapes, the curtains will automatically close at about 7:00 in the evening and open again around 7:00 in the morning.  Or, if you prefer, they can be set to stay open or closed by using the menu function.  After I made the single tile curtain, I decided I needed a 2-Tile curtain as well.  Both sizes are recolorable and have diagonals.  







Mesh Statistics


1-tile Curtain

  • 2188 faces
  • Appears in the Catalog under Decorative/Curtains for 1 Simoleon
  • Includes a diagonal version
  • Recolorable
  • Includes 8 recolors
  • This is the Master file.


2-Tile Curtain

  • 3192 faces on 2 tiles (1596 faces/tile)
  • Appears in the Catalog under Decorative/Curtains for 2 Simoleons
  • Includes a diagonal version
  • Recolorable
  • Slaved to the 1-Tile Curtain

A bit of an explanation on the seemingly high poly count for these simple curtains.  In order for the curtains to be made to automatically open and close, the .package file actually contains two meshes...one for the open state and one for the closed state.  Therefore, the poly count is approximately doubled.

Meshes by me created in Milkshape.  Textures by me created in PSP.

Both curtains are Basegame compatible.  Tested in a vanilla game with all expansions plus M&G.  Files are Compressed.  If you experience any problems with any of the objects in this set, please don't hesitate to contact via email or in the comments area.


Credits to Inge for her Auto Drapes and her liberal policy.

Ray  :)

6 comments:

  1. Am I blind or is there no download link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you're no blind...I'm just not quite with it today! Fixed it. Thanks for letting me know.

      Ray :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice! Thanks! Blessings, Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. RAY!! I can't begin to tell you how much I have needed window coverings in my poor Simmies homes! It's been mighty drafty until now, thank you SO much for these!
    *ClstlDrmr83 @ PBK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this! My peasant's windows have been bare for too long :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are gorgeous! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete